• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First hunt with new Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenfoerst

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought I would share my experience with the new Fowler. Received it two weeks ago but only took it to the range to check pattern and experiment a little with load development. Anyhow, I took it hunting Monday evening planning to shoot a few squirrels and see how it handled with a 46 inch barrel. Had only been hunting a wooded ridge about 30 minutes when I saw something coming down a game trail straight at me. As soon as I realized it was a Coyote, I cocked the fowler and got ready. Just as I was about the shoot the coyote saw me and made a mad dash to the side. I swung the fowler quickly and touched off a load of number 5 shot at a distance of 20 yards. To my surprise the Coyote did a flip flop and was dead when he hit the ground. Needless to say, I was proud of my very first shot at game with my new
Coyotews.jpg
Jim Chambers Pennsylvania Fowler.

I'm thinking that gun is going to work out for you, off to a great start.
David

Beautiful fowler and coyote !!! How bout more pic of that gun, I have had the bug to build one lately and am looking for inspiration :thumbsup:

Thats a nice smoothie! The yote looks like he has his winter coat on and a nice full tail. I would skin it out and make something with it. BTW was it a boy or girl?

ALW, the Fowler was built by Ed Wenger and here are a few photos that Ed sent me while he was working on it. He does fantastic work!
IMG_0281-Copy.jpg
IMG_0288-Copy.jpg
IMG_0292-Copy.jpg
IMG_0294-Copy.jpg
IMG_0296-Copy.jpg
IMG_0303-Copy.jpg
it.

It was a mature male, I think around 25 to 30 pounds. I could be wrong about the weight.

It occurs to me...
Isn't it properly a coyote gun now, instead of a fowler, all things considered?
:haha:

It is a really nice looking fowler. I am sure you will put plenty of birds in the pot with it.

Beautiful picture right there! :thumbsup:
Congratulations to the successful hunt!

That is one nice Fowler.

Silex

Back