• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well went for a few more hours today and still nothing. talked to several people in person and dozens on forums and no one is seeing any deer.

did find some bobcat tracks which was pretty cool and a deer track the size of my hand.

dont think im going to get one this year. kill numbers are way down and i cant get to a spot with out being next to a sea of orange. went out this morning and didn't even get out of the car the woods were packed.

Where are you hunting in Indiana? I was out opening day and got a nice buck, my uncle got one, cousin got two does, and my other cousin's husband got a doe. I was back rabbit hunting in southeast Indiana again last weekend and lost track of how many deer we saw. Numbers are down everywhere but Indiana is about the only place I have seen consistent deer. It has been dead in WV. I've only seen a few small does this week during ML. Keep at it and try to get as far from the pumpkin army as possible. They will drive the deer to you.

We are hunting grant county. east central ish i guess :idunno:. down in the southern parts of the state the deer population seems to be decent. I have friends in ripley county i stay with from time to time and i never see less than 20 deer while there. but i've been hunting mississinewa since opening day of ML season and haven't seen the first deer. every one i stop and talk to says the same thing. I wish i could get down to ripley county but i dont see that happening.

well season ends tomorrow cant go today, i leave in a few minutes to go swear in and wont be getting home until after shooting hours. Maybe I'll try to get out to my aunts tomorrow.

Back