• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First time trying this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden Child

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey all, this year during muzzleloader season I set out to do something I never thought I would do...get the absolute smallest deer I could find in an attempt to rotisserie a whole deer. Well, after passing on a good 20+ nice does and small bucks I finally got my chance. 25 yards facing me, roundball to the nose did the trick. Here's a few pics of the cooking adventure. It was a hoot, and definitely a first for us. I heard it was really good, (lost my smell and taste 6 weeks ago from the gosh darn 'rona) ridiculously juicy, and good texture. I will do a few things differently next time. By next year I hope to have a big rotisserie built for over a fire. Merry CHRISTmas! image000000(7).jpgimage000000(6).jpgimage000003.jpg

Heck yeah!
I've seen guys "flip" elk legs on a fire. Cook one side part way through, flip, and cut and eat off the 1st side as the other cooks, then flip again and repeat.
So why not rotisserie a whole small deer.

Back