• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first attempt at hot sauce (Louis cover your eyes🤣). Can't wait to try it in earnest in a few days. Used 10-12 oz. Of my garden peppers. Was also informed by management I wasn't allowed to make it in the house again. I'm my defense, I was left unsupervised at the beginning of the project.😐
I know what you mean about unsupervised. Some of my "projects" call for me being alone. Sometimes it involves her stove but let's not do into details.

Eutycus, your South Texas soil looks much nicer than my nasty old red clay up here in the Big Country. I built a bed last year and amended with mulched leaves and commercial cotton burr compost and have not been impressed with the gains. Part of the problem was more shade than I would like, but the only thing that did well in it last summer was rosemary, which is about as hardy as mesquite in these parts. I managed to get some tomatoes and peppers growing them alongside my garage toward the front of the house. First time I planted San Marzano tomatoes for spaghetti sauce and it won't be the last. Got a few poblanos and some Big Jims but nothing to brag about. We are looking for a high of 92 tomorrow, but by Wednesday night, a low of 33. Early days.
It has been a long time since I could horse around a big Troybuilt. The little Mantis is more my speed these days, with four back surgeries and a 71st birthday weeks away.
Very yes on the Mantis. If you are rural, check your small local paper in early spring. Likely find several guys advertising to do roto tilling.

I know what you mean about unsupervised. Some of my "projects" call for me being alone. Sometimes it involves her stove but let's not do into details.
Yep. Was caught melting my bullet lube in her favorite pan. She wasn't happy. It was only water in the pan, she still gave me the business.

I made 12 half pints of pickled diced jalapeños yesterday…. The previous batch was sliced and in pint jars.

IMG_6171.jpeg

I made 12 half pints of pickled diced jalapeños yesterday…. The previous batch was sliced and in pint jars.

View attachment 353782
Yesterday my wife spent 3 hours harvesting our squash. Today we spent 4 hours preping them for storage. She uses a 5 gal bucket of warm water with a little bleach to wash them. Then another bucket to rinse them .then I set them a a small flat trailer to dry. They are left there for about 2 weeks. Then stored in dark part of basement for up to 9 months. We had 199 squash the year.will be giving a lot of them away.

Back