• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Fun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
A terrific Saturday morning at the range...bright, sunny, dry, a cold 22* but no wind, and nobody else at the range.

Shot the .50cal flinter offhand standing again today with the steel target moved out another 10yds to 40yds...muzzle movement sure is magnified the further away the target is!! Missed a good half dozen times out of 40 shots...need to keep working at it.

Towards the end of the session, started having situations where the hammer would fall but stop at the half cock notch...pulled the lock, and saw that the bridle plate screws had worked loose, allowing the bridle plate to lift away from the tumbler a little, which let the fly rise off the side of the tumbler a little, and the sear tip would occasionally slip past the fly...will loc-tite the bridle plate screws in so that doesn't happen again...but otherwise, a great range trip.
:redthumb:

A terrific Saturday morning at the range...bright, sunny, dry, a cold 22* but no wind, and nobody else at the range.
Nobody at the range thats allways nice. :agree:
Lehigh..

Sounds like a good time... I intend to go and shoot this afternoon. I want to play with the new Trade Rifle a little more...

Seems like its ALWAYS windy on Florida's east coast in Feb. and March. That and the rifle range STILL isn't repaired from the hurricanes of last September :curse:. Glad SOMEBODY had a nice morning at the range! ::

I hear ya. Thanks to the recent California rains we can't even get to our range. Litle problem of a landslide blocking the entire road...

I have repeatedly said I would rather shovel snow for 8 months of the year than worry about my roof blowing off or a mountain falling on me. North East is fine living!!!!
:applause:
My respect and sympathies though for others have suffered through the ordeal that mother nature has put on your doorsteps.
:sorry:
Bob

Amen! The same goes for 8500ft in the Colorado Rockies. A lot of snow (but we get snow days off work), but my range is 20 yards from my house. No range fees No range master, etc. Everything in life is a tradeoff (except ML's - I don't trade any of them anymore!!!!!) :peace:

Hey muzlodr,
I spent 1980-83 in Co. Sprgs. Visited/drove thru Woodland Park many times. There was a nice hole in the wall, mom and pop, Mexican resturante there at the time. Probably too long since. I used to just go out into the national forest on the south side of Pike's peak and pick a nice spot to shoot. There were many places. Out your back door is best, though. Hee Hee.
God bless.
volatpluvia

Back