• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Gizmo

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-----just a what if--if pyrodex or one of the others was mixed with black powder-- SHAKEN TOGETHER would it work in a flinter as a mix--JUST CURIOUS-----

rubincam said:
-----just a what if--if pyrodex or one of the others was mixed with black powder-- SHAKEN TOGETHER would it work in a flinter as a mix--JUST CURIOUS-----
When I tried that at the range, I never got a real sense of consistency...I premixed some in 35mm film canisters in the garage and just the jostling around and handling them, the mixture didn't stay evenly distributed.

What I did find was that "layered loads"...ie: 20grns Goex 3F followed by some charge (30-90grns) Pyrodex RS worked perfectly every time, consistant, accurate, etc.

Yeah, RBC,
Back in the early days shooting MLers I did use the duplex load, 25 grains of black and 100 grains of Pyrodex RS. I also had magnumitis at the time. It worked perfectly. But once I started building my own custom gonnes they got an exclusive diet of real black.
volatpluvia

Back