• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock gunshow find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredrader

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I found this fine piece at a local show today for $30..It is a smoothbore and the bore measures .50 so I guess it is a .50cal..It doesn't have any makers marks etc on it anywhere..Bore looks like it has never been shot..The Brl is 7" long..All in all it looks pretty good but I don't know what style pistol you would call it..Now I need to pick up some ffffg and some flints so I can give her a whirl..

That is a Markwell Arms pistol. Expect the lock to be suspect (the tumbler and sear will likely wear) The barrel underlug is spotwelded or brazed on if I am not mistaken. The tip of the ramrod is flat, not concave as well.

Back