• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flints fore a lyman GP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

great plains

32 Cal.
Reaction score
what size of flint is the right one?? mine is 5/8 3/4 RMC has 3/4 3/4 list is mine to small?? the flint on mine you have to turn it to the side away from the barrel is this right??? thanks WORM:bow:
IMG_0014-1.jpg

I use 5/8 inch flints in my GPR.

Your flint looks like it's at an angle to the frizzen. Is it?
The flint should contact the frizzen flat and even across it's face for maximum spark.

HD

yes it is :cursing: can you put a shim between the hammer and lock plate??? it sparks good like this.. got it fixed thanks WORM

Just position the flint a little more to the right side of the cock, with flat contact to the frizzen but no contact with the barrel. Won't hurt a thing if it sticks off the right side of the frizzen a little.

I use 3/4" square flints in my GPR. Works great in mine. Started off with English flints from Track of the Wolf. Now I order my flints from Rich Pierce on the forum here :thumbsup: .

Back