• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort de Chartres

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nov this year.

Attachments

• 459269212_3745423442367607_4817892534668966922_n.jpg
    459269212_3745423442367607_4817892534668966922_n.jpg
    75.9 KB
Mulling it over still. Weather is a big factor for me, don't mind the cold, it's the cold/rain that gets me especially on Sunday when I have to tear down a wet tent and gear and pack it up to drive 6 hours back home.

My brother and possibly another friend will be in my camp and if it all works out we will be camped up towards the road I think we were on "Roosters Run?" in June. I will look for the wool blankets and stop in.

My brother and possibly another friend will be in my camp and if it all works out we will be camped up towards the road I think we were on "Roosters Run?" in June. I will look for the wool blankets and stop in.
The rest of my team and I will probably set up on the north side up close to the road along the back of the Fort. You can't miss it with all the blankets I have out on display.

I’ll be setup up near the fort gate. In the group of trees. Where the military used to always be. Djuana is having some merchants and craftsmen setup there last I heard. I’ll have stuff. Old tools. Guns. Gun parts.

Noticing there aren't a lot of nearby lodging options. Anyone who's been here before have any suggestions? Don't mind camping if the weather is semi cooperative.
Conner House B&B is the only place nearby. Pricey but very nice. Always book during the De Chartres events. We’ve stayed they the last 3 years but gave our spot away this year. Going to have to stay in Redbud (10 miles away) this year.

Conner House B&B is the only place nearby. Pricey but very nice. Always book during the De Chartres events. We’ve stayed they the last 3 years but gave our spot away this year. Going to have to stay in Redbud (10 miles away) this year.
I saw that and figured it would have been long booked up so didn't even try. Looks like a great place to keep in mind for later. Still mulling it over but either camping or Waterloo. Forecast will dictate.

I saw that and figured it would have been long booked up so didn't even try. Looks like a great place to keep in mind for later. Still mulling it over but either camping or Waterloo. Forecast will dictate.
I'll be staying there on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and yes, you'd have to book a year in advance for that weekend. It is a very nice old house that has been restored and is beautiful. The food is good, and it has a great staff.

You can camp at the fort as long as you’re “period” camping. Modern or Rv camping not allowed. I think there are exceptions for sutlers.

Back