• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Hunting Gear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDividQ

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am hoping next year to be able to get a tag for Muzzleloader hunting here in Northern AZ and I would like to do it as traditionally as possible. I am fairly knowledgeable about the accoutrements of the Civil War soldier but not so much of the average hunter of the time period. Would love to know what gear, other than rifle and ammo, would have been carried by a hunter in the mid 1800's and how he would have carried it. All information is appreciated.

There are some videos on YouTube that may help. These may be a little earlier time period than what you have in mind but might be helpful anyway.

Townsends
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
I Love Muzzleloading
Frontier Quest
Deerskin Diary
Hoffman Reproductions
Ramshackle Homestead

There are some videos on YouTube that may help. These may be a little earlier time period than what you have in mind but might be helpful anyway.

Townsends
MUZZLELOADER Magazine
I Love Muzzleloading
Frontier Quest
Deerskin Diary
Hoffman Reproductions
Ramshackle Homestead
Thanks! I'll definitely look into these resources. While I have mid 1800's in mind I don't think early 1800's or late 1700's would be out of the question. Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like these sorts of things would have been used for generations.

Latest posts

Back