• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Front Sight on a GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I want to replace the front sight on my GPR with a thinner / shorter one most likely a bead instead of a blade. How is the height of the sight measured is it from the bottom of the dove tail or from the top of the flat on the barrel? Is the groove width in the dove tail measured at the bottom or at the top ? Thanks in advance for your help.

I can't answer your actual question, but I had a similar issue so I filed the sides of my front sight with a small round file to make it into a post style. Then rounded off the top into a ball shape. I like the way it works for me.
Kirby

Lyman makes a bead sight for the GPR.

Their web site probably gives the specs.

I put a fiber optic sight on mine and couldn't be happier,

I also use the GPR peep.

Back