• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

General Muzzleloading Information

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV MZL HUNTER

45 Cal.
Reaction score
General Muzzleloading Information.
Web sight that has some information about muzzleloaders. But not as good as this form. :winking:

is there an address, or do we just google it and wade through the useless stuff?

EVERYBODY knows that THIS is the ONLY site in the whole World for any and all good, reliable, friendly (usually), useful information about TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADING firearms.
Whether it is buying, building, shooting, collecting or just looking, we can't be beat. :)

Take my word for it. It Don't Get Any Better than This. :) :) :)

i had already googled and found it useless, that's why i asked. :blah: :thumbsup:

The writer that wrote most of the articles on that site (I won't mention his name)used to post on this forum.

Most of what he posted sounded like a commercial for a given product, and I once saw one our moderators delete a post.

I get the feeling that he writes whatever he's paid to write by the manufacturers and I don't trust him. Nor do I trust what is written on that General Muzzleloading Information site.

Befroe finding this site I looked at MANY ML sites, so much in-line info that I had zero intrest in. When I found this place I dug in and look no more for general info, specialty site I'm always looking at though haha.

So glad I bumped into this place :bow:

DwarvenChef: We are glad you found us and are sticking with us.

Some folks may think I posted that this is the best site because I'm a moderator and we are paid to be here.
Nothing is further from the truth.
This IMO, is "the very best Muzzleloading Forum" but I am not paid to say it. In fact, we moderators aren't paid a cent.
The main reason I am here is because I love muzzleloading, building muzzleloaders and helping (I hope) all of the folks who are getting interested in muzzleloading. :grin: This site lets me do that.

As you've found, this is one of the few sites that allows criticism of products without being threatened by the owner and I appreciate this. It allows us to learn about problems we wouldn't know about on other sites.
It also allows us to give credit to products if we like them.

The members may not always agree on things, but that is how we learn about the whole picture of the subjects.

As I say, Welcome to you and to all of you folks who have joined us.

Ah yes, I tremember him well. All of his posts either contained the words "Doc White" or "Exploding Savage". :haha:

I think he saw some blackpowder, once. He can run circles around us with the modern stuff but he doesn't know gun flint from dryer lint.

You ain't getting the regular checks from Claude and payola from manufacturers for air time, Zonie? Tsk, tsk.

Claude and the Google boys go way back.

They went to different highschools together. :v

I would say this site just about covers it all cept when I want to talk about modern rifles. (including modern muzzleloaders)

I do run for the hills though when ever I see the exploding Savage guy, he is just a scorned writer.

To bad he threw his reputation in the toilet I use to respect the man.

Speak for yourself about our salaries Zonie! Claude just doubled mine (zero squared - I'm going home to figure out how much more I am making so I can spend it freely :hmm: ) so I'm happy as a clam. As part of the Health (or is it Heathen) Care package, he sent me a map to the public hospital and marked down the bus lines to get there. :blah:

Now, as to best website, I'd hate to knock other sites but I am biased towards this place. It's got diversity of periods and interests and the membership has plenty of knowledge that they freely share. If this is indeed the best, we owe it all to our members. Thank you.

"As you've found, this is one of the few sites that allows criticism of products without being threatened by the owner and I appreciate this. It allows us to learn about problems we wouldn't know about on other sites.
It also allows us to give credit to products if we like them."

Are you ever so right. On another site, I once was critical of a barrel that had a lousy breech job I had bought from one of the untouchable prima donna makers. It set off a firestorm.

Back