• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting Squirrely!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished up a bag for that crazy horn Stumblin made me. I figured a simple bag was in order and decided to put a button on this one. I also mounted a knife.

David G sent me the small priming horn he made for this rifle, that will live inside the bag. He also sent me a squirrel hide he hand tanned with the hair off. I made a small ball bag from rawhide and then stitched the squirrel hide over that and made an antler piece stopper for it. I like how it came out and hope to drill out the top of the stopper with the correct powder charge after I sight the gun in. Also used a piece of the squirrel hide to make the hammer stall. I had a squirrel hide with hair on that I thought I could use somewhere but it just didn't seem to fit any where. I came close to wrapping the knife sheath with it but decided against it.

squirrelbag20.jpg

squirrelbag21.jpg

squirrelbag22.jpg

squirrelbag23.jpg

Now it joins my other two guns bags. :grin:
riflebags31909.jpg

Outstanding outfit as are the other two. Nice craftsmanship as usual. You've certainly got total quality outfits with those guns,bags and horns!I'm a gettin envious now......... Has the weather broke enough up your way to do any shootin?

Weathers still crappy. Theres range work going on now so I don't expect to get out till April. I am chompin at the bit though.

I have never worked with or seen tanned squirrel hide but I have skinned enough of them to offer a qualified comment that they are about the toughest hide running around the woods. It should hold up fine.

Pat Cameron

I hear ya but hang in there. I've got the itch as well with Turkey season right around the corner.

Swampy,
I'll take all three. Just pack em up and send em on, Overnight would work for me! :surrender:
Dusty
All seriousness aside another great job Sir, Enjoy!!! :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

:shocked2: Great! :applause:
Hard times are coming up for those squirrels... :grin:

Was surprised by a little gift in the mail from Grey Whiskers, a nice little patch knife. :thumbsup: Not sure if I'll put it on one of the bags or make a sheath for a nice neck knife. :hmm:

knife32309.jpg

Thats a lot of neat stuff. Couldnt make up my mind what to carry. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gees Swampy, you do some of the most awesome leather work! all three are fantastic! yer settin the bar awful high! :thumbsup: (I still like mine bestest!) :haha:

Back