• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gobbler Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoyt

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Pulled the plug on spring gobbler season today. One week left, but the birds are so spooked they don't gobble much so I decided to get back to work on my .58cal. lite weight hunting rifle.
I had a good season..killed the limit...a nice spurred gobbler and a little Jake. I passed one jake, but my Ole Virginia wouldn't let the second one go by. Here's some pictures of the hunt I took this past wk.
Mostly scouted for coming deer season..these rubs are from buck I snapped on last yr. I found this spot where he had been hanging out last of last season and I didn't even go there. Will be waiting on him with my .58cal. this next season.
Rub
This big gator I caught as he was moving, looking for a deep hole. The water was real shallow along the road of power line and when they don't have a hole or culvert they can haul it too...they just try and pretend they aren't there. The closer I got the more he would close his eyes..like if he shut them and couldn't see me I couldn't see him. You have to be aware the swamp are full of these things during gobbler season especially and every water hole has one in it of some size.
Gator
I bet the boar hog cutting this pine has some big teeth.
Hog rub
Not a pretty site..and there is a little beard there..tried to hold Ole Zelldoe back..but she had already let one walk and had tasted blood.
Jake
another big rub

Looks like ya had a good season. We don't have many of them gators around here, but if this rain don't quit soon we may have. Getting to awful swampy around here. Congrats on the two you got. Take care.

Thanks Rebel..good luck with your season. We..are for a change..going through a long dry spell. It didn't rain but one day during spring gobbler season and that was at night..quit at about 5:00am. It was a real toad stringer, but only one night. I'm sure we'll get out fair share starting in June...every afternoon.

Hoyt,
I always enjoy your pics and the variety of stuff you have down there.

Congrats on a fantastic season.
wess

Back