• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got him!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cynthialee said:
good going! He is a fine looking critter.

That rifle looks real short. How long is the barrel?

I cut the barrel down to 18" and call it my trappers carbine. I got tired of carrying 8# around in the mountains so now it's 6 1/2#. I've done a lot of bow hunting so I'm not one to shoot critters at long distances. This shorter barrel limits me to about 50 yds or so and I like the challenge of getting in close. This rifle is kinda like a shoulder mounted pistol. Something that I imagine a trapper might carry in the 1800s. Short, light, and handy.

larry wv said:
Nice :thumbsup: do you care to give the area? Larry
Larry, I'll tell you exactly where I was...Colorado :wink: ...and if you find my spot, you won't make it out of the woods alive :nono:

NICE WORK! !!
Iwas waiting for the first successful elk hunter.
I bet you're still walking a few inches above the ground.

No elk for me this year but I'm in Rocky Mt. NP right now hiking. Saw a bout 100 yesterday. 2 big horns too.

Had to watch acow walk thru the Safeway lot this am when I WENT for supplies.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Everyone - knows that a 50 caliber rifle is too small for elk right?

Congrats again

Can't understand those people down below eatin hog when they could be feedin on elk.

Awesome Job! Enjoy the back straps...bet that short barrel barks some!
Thanks for sharing!!! :bow:

grndhntr said:
larry wv said:
Nice :thumbsup: do you care to give the area? Larry
Larry, I'll tell you exactly where I was...Colorado :wink: ...and if you find my spot, you won't make it out of the woods alive :nono:
That's 'cause you got 'em tied to a tree!!
Grats! I'm jealous!

Back