• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got skunked

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My son and I went out to find some rabbits this afternoon.We saw four and I shot at one.I hit the dirt right under it.Remember I told ya all I would miss the first one.But we had alot of fun any way.We followed some deer tracks,found some old cow bones and some deer bones.We also found some anasazi pottery but the laws say you have to leave it where it lies.I guess it was more like exploring.I did get a cool pic of my son though.Ever play hide and seek with a rabbit?He won
donselk041.jpg

Well, darn and not even a pic of the skunk ya got. :grin: Sounds like ya had a good time together, that's what counts. :thumbsup:

Them skunks bring good money at the meth lab, seems tossin' one in the far covers up the smell of that pizin cookin'. :cursing:

Crowhop,
Whats your son shootin in the pic, its kinda purty with all that tackwork!

nice pic too, not a rockjack in sight! :grin:

Brett

Sorry to here you & your son bagged a "skunk"this rabbit hunting.But it sounds like you turned the hunt into a educational & fun expedition. :)

Sounds like you had a great time even if you didn't bring home any bunnies. Outings like that with your boy are priceless.
snagg

CROWHOP,
I'm sure you will agree that the time
spent with your son in the outdoors was the
whole point of this hunt. I know it always is with
me when get out with my son. It was that way when
he was 10 and just as much now that he is 32.
Congratulations on a successful outing.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

brett sr said:
Crowhop,
Whats your son shootin in the pic, its kinda purty with all that tackwork!

nice pic too, not a rockjack in sight! :grin:

Brett
Thats my GPR kit rifle.I just loaded it down to about 30 grains.The only rock jacks around here are the ones I built.Been here 15 years and never seen one cept mine.Im workin on gettin my son a crockett squirell rifle.He didnt hunt this time.He still needs to get his hunter safety card.I might have him take the January class.He is only 8 and I want to make sure he understands the test.We were walkin back to the road and I told him to walk ahead of me,he said ,no way you got the gun.Good answer I said.He knows about gun safety.Season ends Febuary 28 so we have lots of time to get some rabbits,and miss some to.Almost forgot,he looks so serious in the pic cause he said he thought he looked like a rebel soldier.I asked him why?He said well I do have my General Lee shirt on. :haha:

hey crowhop read all about yer bunny hunt,far as i can see the last thing you got was skunked, if you can spend a day in the field with yer boy, sounds like a real successful hunt to me! :thumbsup: RC

Getting to spend time out in the wilds with your son makes it a great hunt whether you get any game or not. He'll enjoy the Crockett. Looking forward to pics of you and him with your game soon. :)

Anytime spent hiking around with a muzzleloader is a good time. :thumbsup:

My Brother In-Law always said "It is always better go out and come back with a bag full of memories than come back with nothing at all.” I think you got yourself a Big bag full of memories.

SF

Back