• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got the itch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T.O. said:
Actually going to be in south GA.

lol

There's only about 6 or 8 weeks out of the year that you can't hunt pigs on public land in S Ga. And that time period started last Sunday. lol

Sorry, I didn't realize the special season had ended last weekend til after I had posted.

Supercracker take it easy, your assuming that I am blindly going to drive GA, find some "public land"and jump out and go hunting. The guys I am going with hunt on a large private farm/ranch etc. in the middle of nowhere backed up to a river and loaded with hogs of all sizes. If we are successful, as we should be since we will have a "truck load of dogs and I will be toting my flint smoothie". I will post the details later in a new post.

T.O. said:
Supercracker take it easy, your assuming that I am blindly going to drive GA, find some "public land"and jump out and go hunting.

haha, no. Didn't think that at all. I was thinking that this weekend was the last weekend of the season and if you didn't have access to private land I was going to offer to show you around some of the places I go up there. :thumbsup:

if you're going with dogs I would think your chances of success are approaching 100%. Pigs are EVERYWHERE around here.

Kill some for me!!

Drag yourself south as far as my house and go with me. Won't be any work involved. Ground squirrels from a lawn chair and cross sticks.

Got a place I have not been in to for over twenty years and it may be a dry hole now. Still a chance on a yote and probably some brookies in the beaver ponds. Worst that can happen is some food cooked over an open fire along with high country views! Whatta ya say? :)

Oh, man, what an invite! But I'm still not supposed to be driving. The better half is in Rhode Island so I am doing small jaunts to the store and whatever, but if she found out I drove that far, I'd be single.
I really appreciate that, and if it comes up again soon, you'll have a rider. Two more weeks in the sling, pt says I'm doing great.

Mike Brines said:
...but if she found out I drove that far, I'd be single.

Sometimes, you just have to make sacrifices. :stir: But in all seriousness, keep up the recovery cause it isn't worth making it worse when you've been through so much to get well. Although I would be VERY tempted to take risks for a hunt.

Back