• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gotta nice doe today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see you running around inside the cabin, and peering through all the windows :rotf:

Like an engine battle!

I can see you rigging up trip lines for the deer, with a small bell attached inside the cabin :haha:

Guess there's another, as you roll outta bed!

Congrats Pitchy!
Remember...Friends don't let friends eat Pork chops....Although they is good :wink:

Thanks, well we went to the cabin eary today with the matchlock but saw nothing. I`m not using the matchlock anymore this year it`s to dern cold to be carying all the extra stuff needed for it.

build a bigger porch fer all that stuff! you get out there pitchy! there's a deer with yer name on it.....that's...P I T C H Y.... :haha: how long ya have left to hunt?....i mean season lenght! :haha:

A cabin shot. :hmm: Sounds like something at a BP match. You might have give me an idea for this spring's match. Anyways glad you got one! :thumbsup:

Speaking of cabin shots, here`s a few from today.

Matchlock in window, same window i shot the doe from.

guninwindow1.jpg

Wood stove and we got it insulated.

cabinstove.jpg

Melting some snow for the soup.

cabinstovesoup.jpg

Snoopy has it made.

snoopy-1.jpg

Dang, im huntin with you! Although im not to sure about that single bed. :surrender:

PitchyPine said:
Speaking of cabin shots, here`s a few from today.

Matchlock in window, same window i shot the doe from.

guninwindow1.jpg

Wood stove and we got it insulated.

cabinstove.jpg

Melting some snow for the soup.

cabinstovesoup.jpg

Snoopy has it made.

snoopy-1.jpg

Nice deer & cabin Pitchypine. I never left my caplock capped, but would remove cap & use a piece of tanned deer skin on the nipple & let the hammer down on it. Never had a problem w/it not going off, even after coming indoors from out in the cold. Safer too. I'll bet a piece of inner-tube rubber would also work too keep out moisture.

arw22lr said:
Nice deer & cabin Pitchypine. I never left my caplock capped, but would remove cap & use a piece of tanned deer skin on the nipple & let the hammer down on it. Never had a problem w/it not going off, even after coming indoors from out in the cold. Safer too. I'll bet a piece of inner-tube rubber would also work too keep out moisture.

I agree on removing the cap for safety reasons if there`s any chance of someone fooling with it. I usualy keep it locked in the garage , sometimes in the house porch. There are no kids around so i feel that it`s safe. :thumbsup:

wirehairman said:
Nice deer, pitchy! :thumbsup:

Wish we had nice, cooperative whitetails like that around these parts.

That`s why i said the doe was a God send, hunting around here has been very bleek also. :shake:

Congratulations Pitchy. It's nice to have your freezer stocked for winter. I'm going out tonight, but we gave blizzard warnings posted for tomorrow.

Good luck bro, season ends here tomorrow and we`re in a winter storm warning also. Could get a foot with high winds.
If its snowing hard tomorrow i`m going stalking, love that in a storm. :thumbsup:

Back