• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gotta nice doe today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The public hunting area I went to this evening was dead quiet. Didn't see a thing, not even any fresh sign. I did find a dead buck just before dark. He was a nice one, 6 points on one side, but the other antler was broken off just above the brow tine. I didn't see a bullet hole, but I didn't turn him over. I think I'll call the Conservation Officer and see if he'll let me cut off the other antler. He might want to check it out too to see if it was shot or died of disease. To me, it would have been a very nice trophy buck. I took a couple of pictures, but it doesn't do him justice.

deadbuck2.jpg

deadbuck.jpg

Sorry if I hijacked your thread.

You need some snow over there buddy, looks dry.
Yepper that would be a nice buck looking down your sights. :thumbsup:

What a shame and a real waste to lose a buck like thta for no reason! :shake:

Davy

:hatsoff: Well you got one. Congratulation
I have to confess PitchyPine that there has been a doe & fawn by my stand just about everyday. But I think the fawn needs the mother to make it through the winter. And besides I'm waiting for the BIG BUCK. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, the storm is here. Pics don`t show how hard it`s snowing. If i`m going on a hunt i`d better get going before it gets any worse.

blizzard2.jpg

blizzar3.jpg

No good, went for a short walk but the temp. is -4 now with 30 mph winds.
If the wind goes down may go out for one more look before dark.

Well that stinks! Heck of a time for a snow storm! Too bad some of that could not come down our way! :grin:

PitchyPine said:
Todays the last day buddy, hope ya score :thumbsup:

Pitchy
Was out in the storm for awhile this morning. Nothing moving. I'm sure the storm has them bedded down. It's 7:30 pm now and just walked outside. Fresh deer tracks in the yard, go figure. It's still blowing and drifting here. Oh well no luck today but had a good time in the woods this season. Next season will be my year for the BIG Buck. I missed my buck, small 4 point the second days of rifle season. It wasn't that I couldn't have shot a doe this year its just that I want the first ML deer to be a Buck. Don't ask me why I just do and besides I'm the only one left that will eat it. The kids are all grown up. It seems the older you get it's just now that important to shoot one IMO. Seems I've killed alot of them anyways in my 44 years of hunting. Hope to see ya sometime at Roy's.
Later

Yep they got bunched up in safe areas where the wolves wouldn`t go as much IMO, that and they move at night.
Sorry ya didn`t get that buck Hacksaw, but he`ll just be a little bigger next year.
Was up to Roys the other day to wish him a Merry Cristmas, and the same to you and yours and I look forward to meeting ya someday. :hatsoff:

Back