• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gpr flints?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What size black english flints are you guys useing in you gpr's? mine hade a cut german flint in it when i got it, but think im going to try english flints this time.

If you read some recommends they call for 5/8 by 3/4. TOW says 3/4 by 3/4.
But I've found if you use 3/4 by 7/8 long with the bevel down, this gives a pretty good geometry, leaves the fwd edge of the flint @ 3mm-4mm in front of the frizzen at half cock and generally sparks pretty reliably. Also "if you act now" Cabella's has the RMC flash hole/vent liner for @ 2.00. This is coned inside and sets in with an included allen wrench. The only time this has misfired is when the flint needed replaced/knapped. I never had a flash in the pan. But of course my GPR Flinter is new less than 75 rounds through so your mileage may vary!

thanks for the info on the flints. i already have the rmc liner, it seems great.

concur... i got some 3/4 black english flints from TotW a while back and they work great... tried some French Amber, and they worked well too, but were a bit pricey and didn't look as good in the GPR (just one guy's opinion).

Latest posts

Back