• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grease hole

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added one to the Traditions Kentucky also.
78F972BA-A346-4D47-A5E7-1EE272EE46B8.jpeg

That is a really interesting lodge in your avatar! I never seen one like it.
That was in Watkins Glen State Park N.Y.. I wasn't able to get any information on this but it was about a hundred or so yards from the location of what Was the Grand Glen Mountain House "1873". That was a vacation and hunting destination for many Europeans. I sent several pictures of it to my son who is a History nut and he messaged me immediately that it was a powder store. He had no Idea where I was at the time. Later when I was able to call him he explained that they were built to store black powder away from buildings and designed to control an accidental discharge as the reinforced top would lift. He is planning to construct a similar structure with some of his reenactor friends. This is an old shot of the mountain house on the right and the suspension bridge over the Glen to the Swiss Chalet. The buildings are long gone but you can still walk across the bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_20210602_161537234.jpg
    IMG_20210602_161537234.jpg
    1.6 MB

Latest posts

Back