• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from the Illinois Territory

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twoholes

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I grew up near Friendship, IN and have been shooting and hunting with blackpowder all my life. I now live in Gillespie, Illinois. I am a former field rep, former midwest field rep coordinator, and former director with the NMLRA. I am an 18th century reenactor and presently developing a persona as a gunsmith. I only build for my own use but have learned alot through trial and ERROR to pass along to others. I make everything except the lock and barrel on the forge and use antique tools when working on a project.

Twelve years ago I had a website called The Gunmakers Bench where I took hundreds of pictures of each step of building a 50 caliber fowler for my new son and posted them along with a message forum where others could follow along. It appears this was the first M.L. built on the internet.

Glad to be here and hope to get to know y'all.

Howdy two holes
thats an impressive background,look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome Rick. What a great place to grow up, right in the midst of the start of it all!

Back