• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunmakers Fair at Kempton

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went yesterday morning and stopped first at Dixon’ where I picked up a nice hardcover book on early American fowlers. At the fair it was a beautiful sunshiny day. Have my eye on a day bag that was calling to me. I’ll be in contact with the maker/seller to order one rather than return, that is if it’s still there. Lots of dealers as usual with great stuff we all could use. Nice day!

It is at Kempton, Pennsylvania.
Another great day. Got a lot more info on horn construction and engraving. Had a great seminar with @rich pierce and more knapping tool info from @bldtrailer .....not to mention more info on strap and bag construction and styles thereof.
Is it wrong that I'm already looking forward to next year?

Last edited:
I was there this morning, it was a nice show and the weather was good. Last year it was really hot but it was only in the 80s with a nice breeze today.

I picked up a few things including about 4 oz. of bear oil to try for patch lube and nice little priming horn by Spark Mumma.

I was there yesterday. A beautiful summer day for sure. Arrived early, only 40 minutes from Whitemarsh. Speed limits, "What, me worry?" There were some excellent demonstrations and seminars, as well as some beautiful guns. Although the average age of this crowd seemed to be 60+, there were a few children. The kids at the blacksmith forge were rapt. That was great. I wanted to start reciting "The Village Blacksmith", but I restrained myself! They had very nice food offerings as well. I bought a couple raffle tickets, yo Springfield Art, and one of their souvenir tee shirts. I also, stopped at Dixon's to pick up a few items. That shop is worth a trip. On the way south I stopped at Tractor Supply and picked up my deer sled. It will make a nice toboggan, too, if it ever snows here again. There were folks at the Fair from near and far. I highly recommend to all.

Where is it? I don't even know what state it's in. Nowhere near Florida I assume. We never have things like that here.
PA near Allentown, look up Kempton, PA. (SE PA) It's really more for people that build, rather than seeing a lot of finished guns for sale. It's not something for someone to travel from afar unless there's something else wanting to see in addition. It happens to be centrally located in a fine old area with many muzzle loading people, near the great long rifle centers of York, Lancaster, counties, etc. Just my opinion; it's a great event, but I wouldn't drive 500 miles to see it. Gettysburg is in the general area, some people go to great lengths to visit such major battle fields. Check the maps!

PA near Allentown, look up Kempton, PA. (SE PA) It's really more for people that build, rather than seeing a lot of finished guns for sale. It's not something for someone to travel from afar unless there's something else wanting to see in addition. It happens to be centrally located in a fine old area with many muzzle loading people, near the great long rifle centers of York, Lancaster, counties, etc. Just my opinion; it's a great event, but I wouldn't drive 500 miles to see it. Gettysburg is in the general area, some people go to great lengths to visit such major battle fields. Check the maps!
Thank you for the information. I bet it's a fun event to attend.

It’s a rare event, where many craftsmen and crafts women teach and demonstrate and are available to discuss things and show skills one on one. Some of the very best horn, bag, knife, and gun makers are there. It’s for learning and sharing. Totally different from CLA. And entry is $5. It’s for those who want to do work from scratch, that is historically correct, primarily to the northeast in the flintlock period.

Back