• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunstock Club Finished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePrice2

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Since this was the first attempt, I figured I would just go with my original idea and design and skip the rawhide grip wrap on this one. There's a few more in the works that I may experiment on, however most of the originals I looked at including my inspirational model for this one lack any grip wrap. So here it is!
gunstockclubfull.jpg
gunstockclubfull2.jpg

And the scalplock...which consists of braided buffalo hair with hide attached, a trade bead from Lee Wise aka shooter 250, and a self carved soapstone bead.

scalplock.jpg

Finally, the original from which I modeled mine.

origgunstockclub.jpg

last but not least a shot of two of my recently crafted stone head warclubs with a little paint added and aged.
warclubpainted.jpg

Steve

I love it when weaponry and art comingle. Thanks for posting these images of your work.

Steve...i'd be right proud to use that club to beat hell outta someone with...ya did real good...beautiful

UBJ-here is some of the first thread about it which can be read in full with the post link number.

Post#731955

Here is a first attempt at making a gunstock club. Not having made these before but wanting to give it a try, my choice of materials are a little less than authentic. The wood is kiln dried oak from a pallet and the blade is scrap steel from a 53 Chev frame that my ”˜car boys’ gave me when I stopped by their shop afterwork. FREE is always good in my book. The overall length is about 33.5” with a 4 inch blade which is mounted through the wood; secured with epoxy mixed with sawdust. After the epoxy set I took it out and swung it into the yard a few times...

That pretty much sums on the building/crafting of the club.

The blade is just under 1/8" thick steel with a tang going through a tapered slot cut into the wood. The tang tapers from about 3/4" to 1/2" for strength and is filed sharp sided with a slightly dull point which could be used in combat as an impact point or a snag for hooking an opponent's clothing, weapons, skin, or joints such as behind the knee, neck, etc.

hope that helps.

And thanks folks for the compliments.
Steve

PS- Uglybluejeep - I tried copy and pasting the post link number and it didn't find the original post which is entitled 'gunstock club'. I guess just do a seach under posts by me or for gunstock clubs. it should get you there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back