• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Have you ever considered the cost of doing business

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the current "administration" follows thru on all their tax plans on income, small time builders may find the cost of business beyond their means. The cost of parts and shipping may be the coup de gras

Last edited:
I'd happily pay $5k for a high quality muzzleloader. I'd sell 2 or 3 guns and say I'll take it, but currency conversion and getting it here double the price. To me $9 or 10k for a gun is too dear.

When I was gunsmithing for a living I built muzzle loaders in my spare time, always for myself and if anyone wanted one of them I’d sell if I was inclined; never made my time on any of them, but it was fun.
My main income came from building unmentionables and doing repairs for three large gunshops, plus dealing in pistols; a mate and I did good business with yearly inspections of business mens/business pistols.
We’d clean them of pocket lint/dust, test fire and clean again and supply fresh ammunition .
We also did theatre work and supplied blank fire revolvers and bp blanks; that wasn’t very lucrative but we got to see a lot of shows for free😀.

What gets me is the people who look at a hand made quality built muzzle loader and expect it to cost the same as a Traditions or simular gun....Where I live the custom gun doesn't have anymore popularity than the cheap kits and of the same cost....go figure...

Back