• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hawken hawk?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

east texas

45 Cal.
Reaction score
picked up a hawk head at a garage sale for 3 bucks its in great shape. it has hawken stamped on one side with a star under it ,the star looks like a inlay for rifles type star{8 points} inside the star is an arrow underneath the star :st louis. my questions are ,is this a quality tool? is it old? is it affiliated with hawken rifles? or is it just junk? it seems to hold an edge pretty good! thanx mike

It was made by the Hawken Shop. The ones made by Art Russel in St. Louis were tempered and hold an edge great. I have two of them (I use one to throw in matches and the other I have decorated a bit and keep it for show). I purchased another made by the folks out in WA state a few years back, and it has not been heat treated. They are good for competition because they will stick with the top of the head being parallel to the block. The rotation can be off a bunch and still stick. Did you get the spike and pipe bowl that goes with each hawk?
Roger Sells
([email protected])

i will probally just use this one for chopping the feet off deer :haha: or maybe cutting the heads off chickens,or maybe shavin :rotf:

Back