• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Head Cheese?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RemingtonMagnum

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Friends

I really want to thank all you for you help.

Now get out all the laughter I know some recipes are funny to others and don't mind the fun.

I have several recipes for Hog Head Cheese, Souse meat, and Pressed Meat. Think northerners call it Scrapple. I am searching for a recipe that closely meets my Granddaddy made years ago. He put weights on the finished produce to make the meat really tight and remove the fat.

Thanks Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

Hogs Head Cheese is the same North or South. And Scrapple is in no way the same thing. :hmm:

I would come home from school to find a severed hog head in the kitchen sink. I remember helping to scrape the durn thing. I know grandma also used pigs feet to make hers. I'll check with some of my family to see what all she done. I ate it up until I got a hogs eyelash in my mouth :barf: never ate it again. :haha:

redwing said:
Hogs Head Cheese is the same North or South. And Scrapple is in no way the same thing. :hmm:

you are right redwing 'scrapple' is liver mush which is stewed down liver and such with cornmeal added so the mixture would press into a 'brick' when chilled sliced about 3/16" and `browned in skillet good eating.
asnd 'liver cheese' is another different thing

Back