• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here she is!!! My new 'hawk!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSCGunslinger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So my 'hawk is about 98% finished. Just some minor touches to add in and the canoe sheath to be made. Here's a teaser picture that the smith sent me:

For anyone who wants details about the smith, I would be MORE than happy to recommend you to him. He has been nothing but helpful and understanding during the whole forging process. Drop me an email.

Edit: hmm... image won't post like that. I'll get back to you all with a pic hopefully soon.

Send those pictures to me via email and I'll place them in your thread for you, free of charge even... :winking: :D

My email address is in my profile...

My Tomahawk.

MyHawkStage5.jpg

MyHawkStage4.jpg

MyHawkSheath.jpg

WOW!

What a work of art!

That is definently a hawk just to brag and look at, or maybe use for a VERY special occasion.

That figure in the maple handle is just breathtaking!

All the detail in the head is wonderful!

That hawk is quite a looker!

Thank you for sharing! :hatsoff:

Yeah, I designed it as a family heirloom. I'll only pack it on special occasions, like for hikin' the App. Trail or if I skin a deer I shot that is larger than any I have previously. I do hate having something that I paid that much for just sitting around, though. Seems almost like a crime not to use it. *shrug*

Incase anyone was wondering, the nickle-silver oval in the picture reads "In God We Trust" and there is a matched one on the other side that reads "Liberty or Death".

who did the makings fer ya.did a great job. would like to get in touch with the feller :thanks:

I do hate having something that I paid that much for just sitting around, though. Seems almost like a crime not to use it. *shrug*

Incase anyone was wondering, the nickle-silver oval in the picture reads "In God We Trust" and there is a matched one on the other side that reads "Liberty or Death".

That hawk of yers really shines, and that's for sure! Well, since it's a pipe hawk, you should lead off every event you go to with a day-break smoke. Plumebleu can hook you up with something nice and PC to smoke in it....yes, something LEGAL...

Anyway, I smoke my pipe hawk with friends and neighbors and often in the morning next to my backyard fire pit. I don't see me chopping wood with it, though. I should post some pictures of my pipe bag, though, come to think of it.

Excellent, most excellent. Be sure to pass your smith's name along.

:hatsoff:

Smith's name is Mark Williams. Nicest guy to work with that I've ever met... well, talked to over the phone and email, that is. He just took my hawk to a knife show this past weekend and he told me it was so well received that he'd probably hold off on taking many more custom orders in the near future, but tell him that Ryan sent ya' and he might consider putting your order on the list. :thumbsup:

Here's his current web address, but he told me in a recent email that he just got an official website and would soon be setting up a much nicer page.

MW Forge

Sidenote: Under his "Latest Works" section, that's my hawk head up there at the top, before some additional modifying.

Your 'hawk is drop dead gorgous! Too pretty to use and too pretty not to carry! Wish I had that problem.

Rocky Point Jack :thumbsup:

Kinda' makes my trusty ol' 3J look crusty and cruddy by comparison... But then again my ol' 3J looks crusty and cruddy in comparison to just about anything!

Beautiful 'hawk! Hang it on the wall and get Mr. Smith to make something you can use, and when your kids are in their 60's and can take care of something that gorgeous - Tell 'em you wanna' be buried with it and sit back an' watch the sparks fly!

Beautiful 'hawk! You have every right to be proud!

...The Kansan...

Back