• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here's some mischief

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 weeks to get something from the rifle shoppe is considered good. I thought I did well when I received my matchlock kit from them after only 4 months, and several phone calls.

I believe the ante chamber was considered essential to suit the ' Serpentine' powders loose element's & not the modern 'corned' powders.
You would be most correct :) !

Bill: Somewhere in this Forum I remember reading that someone used a handle from a wheel burrow to make a tiller. A good idea if you want the square-ish shape.
That was me, here's mine: https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...nberg-castle-replica-circa-late-1300s.177216/

Hi Bill, A while back I added a picture of one I made. Maybe this could help
MLock.jpg

TRS is notorious for late shipping of their products. I know people who have waited almost two years...Seriously an then finally cancelled..
Wow. I'd be out of business quick fast and in a hurry if I shipped like that. All my stuff is handmade and alot of it custom. I have folks calling for my head on a pike sometimes if I haven't shipped in five days.

I want one of these but sure don't have that kind of patience. Hoping to luck up and find a deal on a used one.

Purpleheart is beautiful stuff, but I would guess that tillers used on European gonnes were fashioned from the more familiar oak, ash, beech and possibly some conifer woods.
For those that have made their own tillers, are you using a friction fit to secure it to your gonne?

Ash was commonly used in weapons so you’re probably right, and is most sturdy.

Back