• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hey from another Texan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FS58

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I been reading stuff on here for a while, just joined a couple days ago. I live in the Piney Woods of East Texas. I have an old CVA Hawken that I built from a kit about 15 or more years ago. I have put a lot of powder and lead through it in years past but have not shot it in a while. I've got the itch to get back into ML. I just got a barrel and stock, getting ready to order the rest of the stuff to build a full stock Hawken as soon as I decide if I want to go Perc or flinter. Been getting tons of good info on here. Hope to get lots more.

:hatsoff: You are sure welcome at our fire. Grab a cup of joe, the rest of the guys will be here shortly. I'd go with the flinter. Just my humble opinion.

Jac S. Muell

Welcome! I will second Jac's recommendation for a flinter. 'Course it all depends on what you want. Emery

Well, :hatsoff: from Waxahachie, Texas!! Lotsa good smart folks here.

I'd go flinter, too!

Back