• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Investarms Plains Pistol Half-Cock Not Secure

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankdkk

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Just received Investarms 54cal Plains Pistol. Concern is that after I pull jammer back to safe half-cock position, and I pull hammer back a little bit more but short of firing position - I find that hammer goes freely to firing nipple if I let go of it. Is this normal, or is it a warranty issue?
Thanks,

Just received Investarms 54cal Plains Pistol. Concern is that after I pull jammer back to safe half-cock position, and I pull hammer back a little bit more but short of firing position - I find that hammer goes freely to firing nipple if I let go of it. Is this normal, or is it a warranty issue?
Thanks,
can't help u friend all this stuff is new to me. I'm sure someone will see your post and help u soon. be safe

first thing to do is to take the lock out of the rifle and see if the half cock works properly out of the stock.

If it does work out of the stock, then you have some inletting issues and you need to figure out where it is binding things up.
If it also doesn't work outside of the stock that is an issue I can not help with. Type of job I farm out to a skilled gun smith.

but yeah if it is an inletting issue you can fix that pretty easy

Back