• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi from Charleston

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMN

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm back in the USA after 30+ years in the UK. Bought and fired a 1785 "11" Wogdon dueling pistol there and enjoyed it. Got it back here, but would like a similar replica, so that's what I'm looking for, plus anyone in the nearby Charleston area who does range shooting with black powder!

Welcome from the Tarheel State of NC.

Go to the NMLRA website at www.nmlra.org , and search for the Charter Club Directory. Scroll down to "SC" and look up the Charlestown LongRifles in Monck's Corner, SC. Fairly active bunch there. I used to travel there when they hosted the SC State Muzzle Loading Championship.

You can also go to the "Field Rep Directory", and seek out my friend, Jim Rozelle in Monck's Corner, SC at (843) 693-2940. Tell him, "Buck sent me".

Welcome from New England; how about a photo of your Wogdon (great maker).
Wogdon pistol and letter_8791.jpg

I'm back in the USA after 30+ years in the UK. Bought and fired a 1785 "11" Wogdon dueling pistol there and enjoyed it. Got it back here, but would like a similar replica, so that's what I'm looking for, plus anyone in the nearby Charleston area who does range shooting with black powder!
I have been a member of the Charles Towne Longrifles for upwards of 30 years now, and am a former president, vice president, and many times over score keeper of the club. I have not been active in shooting recently and have not even been to our range since my wife passed away in January 2021. I do plan to try and get back to a little normalcy later this spring when the weather warms and get active in the club again. We have a private range in Awendaw. Jim Rozelle is our current president. Hopefully we can see one another out there soon.

welcome

Welcome. I'm currently living in South Georgia (Valdosta) but I grew up in Charleston (Jim Island) and learned about black powder there. I used to shoot at a shop/range on Johns Island. Bill

Back