• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi From Nova Scotia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New here but not to black powder, building and shooting since the early 70's. My sons made a website for me showcasing some of my accomplishment out of a sense of pride in there dad, I suppose. If you are interested in looking at more muzzleloaders Google Wayne Doucette Artisan. Glad to answer any guestions or help in any I can. best regards Wayne.
[/QUOTE I had a look at your website, some really nice work .!

Welcome from Texas, Wayne!
I checked out some of your guns on your site, and you are certainly skilled! They are beautiful!
You'll fit in just fine here. Lots of folks appreciate skilled work, especially with photos. Words of advice are welcome, especially from skilled builders, but sometimes folks go a little too far. You'll see what I mean.
But, that's how folks are, eh? (That's about the only Canadian I know. I realize NS and Canada are separate, but I went for the humour - another Canadian spelling. Sorry, I'll stop).
I've been watching a fantasy show about Nova Scotia that I really like - The Curse of Oak Island. ;)
The landscape in NS is beautiful! I would love to visit!
Again, welcome!

Welcome from Texas, Wayne!
I checked out some of your guns on your site, and you are certainly skilled! They are beautiful!
You'll fit in just fine here. Lots of folks appreciate skilled work, especially with photos. Words of advice are welcome, especially from skilled builders, but sometimes folks go a little too far. You'll see what I mean.
But, that's how folks are, eh? (That's about the only Canadian I know. I realize NS and Canada are separate, but I went for the humour - another Canadian spelling. Sorry, I'll stop).
I've been watching a fantasy show about Nova Scotia that I really like - The Curse of Oak Island. ;)
The landscape in NS is beautiful! I would love to visit!
Again, welcome!
Thanks for the welcome. I was never one to follow the rules and in gun building I use what is available at the moment and I don't care if is historically correct even though I am influenced by those who came before me. Eh? I think is an upper Canada thing. I worked up there for a couple years, that was enough. Oak Island is most definitely a fantasy. If you ever make it up here you have a place to stay until I tell you to go. Take care my friend. Wayne.

Welcome from grizz country in Alberta.
Built a 58 cal. Hawken for a guy from northern Alberta who was going after a grizz. He was to let me know and I would visit but never heard from him again. Always wondered if the grizz got him. The fullstock Hawken on my site was recently for a fellow in southern Alberta. Take care, Wayne.

Built a 58 cal. Hawken for a guy from northern Alberta who was going after a grizz. He was to let me know and I would visit but never heard from him again. Always wondered if the grizz got him. The fullstock Hawken on my site was recently for a fellow in southern Alberta. Take care, Wayne.
Guess he missed that all important 1 shot…

Back