• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

History, stories , folklore & tales

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . they could not have hurt us much where we wore as we had a fine place , and there were 14 men with me all of whom said there was no danger of the Indians firing on us.
as soon as the Bronks had passed and gone I went to the agency and found a very confused State of affairs,
there were no troops.
Sterling , the chief of police and mainstay of the agency was killed.
the Indians had cut the telegraph wire running into the agency and the chief clerk in charge of the agency was only a tenderfoot and he thought all the Indians on the reservation had gone on the warpath. there were lots of guns and ammunition at the agency and the chief clerk was giving a rifle and ammunition to every Indian Buck who wanted one. the Indians at the agency below the agency knew it was only an outbreak of the chiricahuas but they were taking all the guns and ammunition they could get .
the chief clerk kept no account of the guns and did not know to whom he had given them and very few of them did he ever get back . . .

Tom horn, government scout and interpreter

Some years ago, I really don't remember when it may have been 10 or 15 years.
It was in an old true West or wild west or frontier times, possibly from the 1960s,
I've been looking through all my boxes of things trying to find it,
a story about kit Carson, I think it was from a man who interviewed his brother or someone's brother who said that kit Carson was the weakest link in the chain of the expedition, he couldn't shoot couldn't ride couldn't do anything, but he , kit carson told the story , to a newspaper reporter or some journalists, as though he was the hero of the whole expedition and told of other people's actions and exploits as though they were his own, an from then on he was the subject of newspaper articles and dime novels as a hero
Is this a fully veted story with more than one detractor ?
we al know history is not necessarily exactly what is writtrn , but this sounds a bit like u-tube stuff.
Just sayin - keep your eyes open and the mind also.

Blitz

And thank you for letting everybody know what you're really all about
I must ask Seth, why do you say that every time someone doesn’t agree with you or has an opinion? I don’t think he was putting you down. A differing opinion or merely input isn’t always meant to be personal. Breath. Don’t take things too personal, that’s what cevonk did and look what happened there, hope you are doing okay.

Last edited:
Is this a fully veted story with more than one detractor ?
we al know history is not necessarily exactly what is writtrn , but this sounds a bit like u-tube stuff.
Just sayin - keep your eyes open and the mind also.

Blitz

I can't find it I've gone through all my old books and magazines and just can't seem to find it

Yes, one of the war shirts. I seem to remember he got a couple other smaller items. Davey Powell was in charge of props, came to my cabin to see what I had on hand.
Well this is the appropriate thread to do so, so please tell us about yourself and the work you've done in our stories and history 🙂

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I did watch Revenant last night. Pretty good movie.
I enjoyed it.
It just goes to show what determination and a bit of anger can do to motivate.
I do not recall the trappers name but he amputated his own leg to save his life. I believe it ws at the knee and a couple of day after a gunfight with indians in Kansas , my best recolection.

Blitz

Well this is the appropriate thread to do so, so please tell us about yourself and the work you've done in our stories and history 🙂
Well, I did museum restorations and reproductions for 32 years, still dabble a bit, but arthritis and bad eyes got me out of doing a lot. Along with that movie, I did things for Son of the Morning Star, Last of the Dogmen, Geronimo, Dances with Wolves, and a few other B movies.

Latest posts

Back