• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Home made Ammo Box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunnyGene

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Didn't want to pay $20 each for steel cans, so made my own.

Outside Dim: 16 3/4"x 11 3/4"x8". All yellow pine 5/8" thick. Red oak stain. Finger jointed sides. Will hold about 60lbs of ammo.

Ammoboxclosed.jpg

Ammoboxopen.jpg

About 40lbs with what you see inside. Room for a few more boxes. My primary concern was engineering this to carry max load weight. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Didn't make any plans - rarely do on simple stuff like this. :) You should be able to build one from the pick & info I already posted. Size is up to you. The bottom is dadoed into the sides, but other methods such as pegging will work also if you use enough pegs to handle the weight - about one 3/8" hardwood peg every 3 inches or so should be plenty.

Back