• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Horn No. 15

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroncaTAL

50 Cal.
Reaction score
here's some pics of my 15th powder horn. I made this for a friend at work.

zackhorn3.jpg

He wanted the pseudo latin phrase on the horn, which translates as "Don't let the (illegitimate offspring) grind you down." He plans to display the horn on his desk for stress relief.

zackhorn1.jpg

He's pretty good on a guitar, so I added one on the bottom. It is based on a 1798 Italian guitar.

zackhorn6.jpg

He won't get to see it for awhile yet. Zack said that this was going to be his Christmas present. I'll deliver it to his wife this coming week.

Scott

:hatsoff: Beautiful horn!; Your friend has a great friend :grin:
Soggy

Great job Scott!!! I really like the carving in the throat and tip area. There's a fair amount of time well spent.
Gary

Nice, I wish I lived closer to you, I'd make a pest of myself and show up at your house to get you to show me how to do that scrimming work.
:thumbsup: :hatsoff: :grin:

"Illegitimus non carborundum est"
"don't let the bastards grind you down".

That is an amazing horn. I love the transition towards the pouring end. Great!

Thanks for all the comments all! I didn't have a whole lot of expectations from this particular horn when I started, but I gotta say that I love the way it turned out. It has one of the most pleasing shapes of any that I have done.

Scott

:shocked2: Daaaaang!! that is a sweet looking horn. :bow: How do get to be your friend and rate one of those horns. :hmm:

Nice work!! :)

Danny :hatsoff:

It's no horn number 13, but it will do.
I was wondering what project you were working on.
I show off mine to anyone who might be interested and I get many compliments.
All the Best
Pat Cameron
PJC

Thanks guys! Pat, nice to hear that you get good comments on Number 13. Blackhand, thought you might want to know that I'm going to try another fish, a flat horn this time.
Scott

Back