• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you shoot open sights w bifocals? Your experiences?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Merit device is most assuredly not a rip off. It is a precision device having an adjustable iris to accommodate various lighting and eye conditions. Such precision is not cheap but it is no rip off. It is a bit fiddly getting it into the correct position but no more so than a piece of electrical tape. In fact, the device can be moved about slightly to adjust its position, a thing which electrical tape does not easily allow. I'm not saying that electrical tape is a bad idea or that it does not work, In fact, before purchasing my Merit Device, I used electrical tape on my glasses and it works. But, now that I have my Mertit Device, I much prefer it because I can adjust the iris to accommodate the shooting conditions and it has never accidently come loose from my glasses.

+1 I use mine for Metalic Sil , suction cups onto my glasses and is very easy to adjust for focus and light :thumbsup:

LOTS and lots of people do this thing with one Rx in the left lens and a different Rx in the right lens (near for one, and far for the other) and man oh man, that would drive me up the wall !!! No way could I ever use those glasses, but hey, this is America and you are all free to do as you please, but I could never use those kind of glasses.

I purchased a 1/16 inch hole punch from a craft store. Then punched a hole in a small 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2 inch round sticker from Office Depot. I put it on my glasses where I look thru when shooting. Position may be different for rifle, one handed or two handed pistol.

Most of the stickers are colored, so I use a black felt tip to darken them. Sticker is placed on the insides of the glasses.

For rifle shooting, it's placement, being in the corner of the lens, does not interfere with normal viewing.

Latest posts

Back