• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many in Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck 1

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey fellows !!! You all ready for a cold hunt Sat.Hunted one year years ago when it was -15,so guess this is not that bad.Just hope the old knees hold up.Get cold quick.Good luck to all that go out.
Shoot straight and true,and be safe. :thumbsup:

Buck,
Your down South try, it up here in the snoooooow belt it's up to about 2 feet deep and more in some places. :surrender:
I may go out not sure though at my age it's tough walkin when it gets deep. :cursing:
Good Luck
Dusty :wink:

I am packed and ready to go. I will be out there, as long as I can stand it and the heater doesn't run out of fuel. :grin:

Headin down to Hocking w/ the old flinter after work. Gonna be cold, but that will keep all, but the most serious hunters inside. I love hunting them on the snow. If you get too cold, find a set of good fresh tracks and start followin them.....
Good luck and shoot straight- Swank

Heard one of those semi-auto black powder rifles go off this morning across the river in meigs county ohio :shocked2: . Hear them on this side of the river if its warm enough :shake: . Only shots I heard today. Larry Western Wv

Well so far no luck.Not much moving.It is 0 here Sun morning.May go out for a little this A.M. Buddie saw a group of 5 but no shots.We have a herd of 8 here on my place that I was seeing up to the first day.Three buck running with the group.so still have hopes of making meat. :idunno:

Had a good day hunting Sat. until, 3 tresspassers on snowmobiles moved the deer that were working their way to us. I found them,talked to them and told them next time they will be seeing a man in uniform with a citation book in one hand. Twice in 2 hrs. these clowns buzzed us. What load is recommended to take a sled engine?

I went out on sat at midday to check for tracks on a local spot here in Ohio. You couldn't swing a dead cat w/o hitting coyote tracks but I only saw 1 set of deer and it looked a few days old. I went home and rubbed mama's leg instead.

:hatsoff:
Wess

Dave-Anything you got :cursing: But I bet they will not get them off your land.Just had a case here where they run over 9 farms in one night.Turned out it was two kids joy riding.They didn't think they done anything wrong. :idunno:

Get a predator call and have some fun.With the front stuffer it is a ball. :thumbsup:

Saturday I endured the cold the snow an the view of the winter woods. I hunted all day Saturday & Sun family issue came up an had to cancell Mons hunt and Back to work tuesday. Saturday I was teased by 2 fat does only 35 yards away in a thicket below me I watched them for over 45 minutes at one poin I was ready to take that shot if she only took 3 more steps and I had a clear shot and of course she turned around and bedded down by a blown down. But it was a fun hunting being out trying to stay warm.... Till next year will hit it again......... :wink:

You a probably right. I talked to the dad of the boys and he was even one of them on the sleds! He was pretty sheepish about it, but that is only to my face. Who knows what goes on when you aren't there. But, I now have his ph. no. and the sheriffs office ph. no. in my cell phone and I promised him that I will use it and there will be no more warnings.

Would today be a pretty day to be out there or what!

I was in the same boat.Had 5 does playing around about 80 yrds out.Didn't feel good about a shot at any time.So sat and watched them till they drifted off over the hill.If I was 10 yrs younger may of taken the shot.But eyes are not what they used to be.My buddy told me to get an in-line with a scope.Told him he used a bad word. :nono:

Back