• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How sweet it is

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday, I fired my smokepole for the very first time, and I must say that of all the rifles I own or have shot, this is by far the most fun! It's absolutely ridiculous how good this thing makes me feel. I built it from a Traditions kit, and even though the lock is pretty low quality, the price was right at the time, and it is definitely fun to shoot. I'm glad that I started out with the hawken instead of a pennsylvania or other fullstock for now. Anyway, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to everyone know that I've stumbled on to the big secret that muzzleloading may just be the best sport there is. I just wish I would have tried this years ago.

Howdy thar Burlap.,Ya like ye said it's a great lot of fun to see the smoke rise from the smokepole.Can't say in the rendevous travels everbeen to your town but here in North Tundra we are still chaseing the rabbits and reloading the .32"s,got ta be the most fun winter's since 1850....Stomper

Hey Burlap, welcome. I too started when the snow was on roof and fire goin' out in the furnace...mid 50'...been at it about 4 years or so. Have a son 13, almost 14, who is in it too...he caught the bug early and is a good longhunter type. You're right, it is a great, maybe the best family sport around. It is something that brings folks together to swap lies, have fun, and shoot them smoke poles. Again, welcome.

I have been shooting muzzleloaders since the early 80's... (1980's)
My first was a .54 cal T/C Renagade flint lock.....
(sigh) "You allways remember your first."I use to take the lock out and snap a pan of powder with it just to set off the smoke detectors...
Mom never did catch on...
grin.gif

Latest posts

Back