• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting clothes?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robby said:
Any fool can see, Thats the mother ship!
Robby

No fooling, we need your help! Come up to the online shooting contest - longhunters vs aliens them rotton buggers are try to take over our camp! Where's the best place to shoot them?

How many did you have to shoot to convince them you were keeping the turkey?

They didn't convert you did they?

I was always told that the reason for putting a stand in a tree is because that the Deer do not look up very much, if they are watching the trees that closely what is the point of a tree stand?

For me it gives me a better view over the area with that bird's eye view. Most places we're at it would be hard to hunt off the ground unless you're on top of the hill but in my favorite spot if you go the 30 yards over to the hill you won't be able to see most of the deer that come through.

Holy Cats! I did a contrast enhancement and look!

DSCN0067.jpg

tg said:
I was always told that the reason for putting a stand in a tree is because that the Deer do not look up very much, if they are watching the trees that closely what is the point of a tree stand?

Four reasons I can think of. It removes your smell from the ground winds and eddys. It gets you above the "easy" spotting range of a deer's normal vision (There are three canopies in most woods - low medium and high - and most natural predators are in the low cover). And finally it gives you a GREAT overall view of an area.

Forth advantage is it FORCES you to sit still and wait for a deer to come to you. The last one is a byproduct that most tree-sitters don't consider.

BalsamSwampTreestand2-2-20119-52-04AM.jpg

luie b said:
I don't ever plan on wearing primitive clothing during a deer hunt. You'd get some real weird looks at the diner for lunch :haha:.
That can be kinda fun. :haha:

luie b said:
When you're wearing plain brown coveralls in a deer stand...
I don't ever plan on wearing plain brown coveralls anywhere in the woods during deer season. Or a white handkerchief stuck in the back of my belt. Or an antler hat either. :shocked2: :youcrazy:

And most people who fall asleep in a tree, and fall out, no matter what kind of clothes there wearing ... Wished they had stayed on the ground!

I remember leaning against a tree in VT, sitting on the ground ... Waking up with a doe two feet from my boot looking at me, with two others less than 10' ways ... Only antlered deer season back then ...I was wearing my greasy mechanics work boots, jeans, some type of non hunting winter jacket with a nylon orange vest ...

That's why we wear either a safety harness or at least a safety belt when in a tree stand.

Oh wow! That's just superb! :bow: clothing wwonderful, but I especially love the design on rifle. Was this your own idea?

We have to wear blaze orange vests and hats here during big game seasons. I always just wore them over whatever camo clothing was on sale at Wal-Mart. But after looking at some of your more traditional getup, I am starting to think I should shift gears a little!

Gratefully, we don't have any red or orange laws up here and I've never owned, nor will I ever own any camo clothing. Like somebody said above, camo is not at all necessary if you have some good wool plaids. It's just my opinion but I believe camo is a fad that stems from some smart marketing.

Back