• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hunting with a musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Any one else hunt this year with a musket? Tried it this year for small game man what a kick! Works good on rabbit with a shot charge. Had some papers caridges just in case of big Kitty's . Gun is a 1740 potzdam. 75 Cal

if all turns out with my loyalist arms 1768, i intend to try it out on some small game this year.

i dont see why a musket wouldnt work for most critters. the onley real downside is how heavy they are.

-matt

Yes mine ways 11 lbs. My friend thinks I'm nut for packing it. He has a light trade gun by pedotsoli. His gun kicks mine don't he wonders why. LOL

I have a 58 cal. Remington Z replica by Antino and it shoots great with PRB's and I intend to vent a hog soon! Geo. T.

oct11004.jpg

This smooth bore version works well with shot and ball :hatsoff:

B.

Back