• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have a Problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy, well i bought an Investarms Hawken on an auction and it got here last night.
Opened it and someone had replaced the nipple with some aftermarket thing that i
guess was supposed to take 209 primers. In the process of trying to remove it i completely
destroyed it. So i went and got an EZ out, drilled it and installed the EZ Out. I was trying to
be real careful to not break it but!!! Anyway, i now have a barrel with a bust off EZ Out in
the nipple so i guess my only options are to replace the breech or the barrel. So my question
is, does anyone here have a 15/16" Investarms breech or barrel for sale reasonable? Or a
suggestion on how to fix the one i have? Thanks for any help. It is appreciated.
Rebel

Is there enough EZ-out to weld a nut too?

Changing the breech plug isn't too difficult, however finding one in the proper thread pitch might be difficult. Any competent gunsmith should be able to change the breechplug for you. I purchased the tools to do my own, but that would be rather costly for you to do for just one job.

https://muzzle-loaders.com/products...Y3dAjQSmefmixaQj2d8aq7uyldCTvrwsLP90uZAIbYvIV

Looks like they are sold out, but do have a notification button to enter your email address so you can be notified when back in stock. Hopefully someone will have a breechplug or a source for one that is in stock. Good luck!

Take it to a machine shop and let them do the repair. They can remove the broken easy out, the broken part of the primer adapter and check your original threads too. You should not have to replace the breech plug for just a broken easy out.

The Ft Chambers Muzzleloader shop has a box of pulled percussion breech plugs. If I recall, there were several Investarms plugs in that box.
I bought a TC Plug and I'm thinking I paid around $20. If interested I would give them a phone call Tuesday as they are old school.

Good luck,
O.R.

No affiliation, Just a happy customer

Attachments

• FC 1.jpg
    FC 1.jpg
    53 KB
  • FC 2.jpg
    FC 2.jpg
    53.3 KB
Lesson to be learned, EZ Outs by their action can make thin walled objects tighter by the expansion. Then not so easy.

Latest posts

Back