• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

in my yard today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Big decision for this fall:
English black, French amber or German sawn agate? :wink: Think he will care? :grin:
buckdeer.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Looks good, and just think he still has quite a bit of growing to do yet this summer. Be sure to post the after picture of him as well.

I was thinking onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Um, I mean, that sure is a beautiful buck. I love watching them, and am always amazed how they make my sights look so much better. :thumbsup:

Had a co-worker that was eating a big steak, and a plate full of vegetables, at work, one day. Claimed, everything came out of his garden,---- (including the deer).

Personally I think he would prefer you scrape a local stone. Enjoy the final decision, and the chase.

Go with where the gun comes from- English for English or early American guns, French amber for French guns etc. Sawn flints though are blasphemy! :wink:
(Personal favorite is black English but then my flinter is an English trade gun, lol.)

Nope flint makes no difference hit the vitals and harvest the meat. I like French in my guns however I don't look for 100 plus shots per but I do know how to knap.

I have shot a match for a day with a driveway pickup my Nephew gave me.

Back