• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inexpensive CVA bobcat .50 loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My buddy gave me a bobcat .50. Synthetic stock. I know it’s a cheap rifle. Seems stable though and in great shape. .490 round ball and a patch I’m guessing. 60-80grains of fff?
How do the power belts work with these?

RB loads are great! But somehow the words ‘inexpen$ive’ and ‘Powerbelts’ don’t belong in the same sentence, especially where you seem concerned for the former, LOL!

… never needed anything but patched roundballs …

I bought a Bobcat, like yours, at gun show for one of the grandson about a dozen years ago. It rattled so I took off the butt plate and inside were a dozen power belt yellow bullets and five powder tubes. I never did shoot them but apparently some previous owner did. They may be an entry level rifle but they are accurate with a patched round ball. Good luck.

I owned a Traditions DeerHunter .50 for about 20 years. It's the same rifle basically. It killed many deer, was accurate, light and easy to handle in thick brush. It thrived on a diet of prb which is all I've ever used. Entry level maybe but still a good rifle.

I had one of these rifles for years I bought my kids when they were little. I shot it way more then they ever did. 60 grains of 3F and a 490 PRB and it was deadly. Sorry but as far as power belts go I’d trade them for something lead. They are a waste of money in my opinion.

Back