• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inlaying leaves

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricklandes

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have done various silver inlays, patch boxes, etc. I am pondering the idea of merging silver engraved inlays along with carved acanthus leaves in the entry thimble location (kind of a wrap of the leaf), the back part of the wrist from the back stock area and the tang area and perhaps a bit in the rear left stock area behind the cheek piece.

My question is does anyone have any pics of something like this blend?
I am trying to visualize if I will do the silver leaves as more mature base or new growth of the leaves. I could say is it growing out of the silver or is the silver growing out of the stock base. I hope that makes sense.
I find I progress best once a basic visual is in my head. I am not out to duplicate another's work.

I think I have seen some work with wire inlay used as a continuation of carving patterns, but I don't remember seeing anything like what you are describing. You might want to look over at the Contemporary Maker's Blog and see what you can find there.

I believe I have seen what you are searching for. Check out David Price's web site. At Dixon's one year he had a swivel breech that had something real close if I understand you right. He makes some pretty fancy rifles and your project sounds pretty fancy.

Back