• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jaeger..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

70 Cal.
Reaction score
For those who did not follow the topic in the builders bench..
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/234186/

29" .58 Rayl Barrel, walnut stock. TRS Poser castings, rosewood rammer horn tip and nose cap and a little work :haha:

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats definitely more my size. :haha:

That sure is a work of art :bow I'n so glad you decided to go with a horn nosecap instead of a brace one, makes it a more unique gun.

WOW, thats nice :hatsoff: :v
I love the side plate, and the bone, and, well all of it. Great lookin rifle :v

:thumbsup: very, very nice.

I believe I got a reinforced infection never healed.

:shocked2: :bow: :shocked2:

Wonderful piece, waiting for the finished rifle has almost been like waiting for Xmas-eve. :haha:

Now, what to say to it? :hmm:

ROYal!
:hatsoff: :applause: :wink:

I had the opportunity to see that gun first hand earlier this week and it is awesome. It took me a little while to take in all the details. He did a fine job on it. I got a kick out of how he signed the barrel as some of the originals were done this way. :hatsoff:

BLAHMAN said:
Excellent work.....did you do the engraving on the thimbles?

Thanks :thumbsup: Fortunatly all the engraving on the brass was cast in, and cleaned up fairly well :haha:

Outstanding rifle Roy, a 10 out of 10. Your engraving goes with the castings beautifully. :hatsoff:

Good God Roy, you'll be changing your last name to Bivins soon.... :thumbsup: You must have had fun with this one as it sure didn't take you long to do it. I really like it.

Didn't want to mention it earlier but it's really starting to bug me now. One flaw I see and it's a bad one.

Lock is on the wrong side... :blah:

Thanks guys :thumbsup: I did have fun with it, hopefully the neighbors will leave for a bit and I will be able to give a shooting report :grin:

Roy,
You need to be really proud of that rifle....the fact you cleaned up all those casting is worthy enough of praise.

I'll give it a 9.7 out of 10...the only deductions come from screws no going east to west, but that's just my OCD talking. :shake:

BTW... the barrel and stock are at Fred Miller's... I'll get with you soon about that forge.

:haha: I don't worry about screw direction any more.. getting lazy I guess :haha: I had to forge the heads on the two buttplate screws, I didn't have anything large enough to fit the casting.

For anyone going to the CLA show I will have it displayed there.. :thumbsup:

Back