• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jess and Bess.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jess is a dainty thing, lighter than a fox.
Bess, she is a fat chick!
I bought her hoping for fine things but it turned out she is a greedy girl!
She does not wake up until she has gobbled down 100grns plus of powder and 1&1/2 Oz of shot!

I contemplated a divorce many a time but rationalised that she can have her greedy way on a pheasant or two providing her lock stays as reliable as it it! I swear that lock would spark on a piece of house brick!
Well she belched and pharted a few times this afternoon like normal, the greedy cow.

So all in all me and ole' greedy guts consummated our relationship for a little longer 👍

Jess was loosed on dark for some rabbit fun and she popped a fox out of some cover but it was to far for Bess to belch at.

B :hatsoff:

:bow: Jess has turned out to be quite a hunting companion for you. Winter must come late to the British Isles to have so much greenery left. Not the luck here, we will not see green until March. Keep yer powder dry..........robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that was a good narrative! :thumbsup: When your hunt is over, does the fat lady sing? :grin:

Good to see you and Jess were able to get out. I thought there was supposed to be a huge snow storm over there in the UK. Maybe it was farther north, in Scotland?

Good deal. I'm not super familiar with the Bess family, but is that 3rd pattern or carbine? And same 72 cal like the others?

Spikebuck said:
Now that was a good narrative! :thumbsup: When your hunt is over, does the fat lady sing? :grin:

Good to see you and Jess were able to get out. I thought there was supposed to be a huge snow storm over there in the UK. Maybe it was farther north, in Scotland?
We dodged the snow so far here, south east of us got the worst.

B.

Outstanding....so glad to see how well your new hunting buddy is working out. Still miss Sprocket, but that's just how it is!

Back