• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim Chambers flintlock rifle kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcdflint

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone built a Jim Chambers flintlock kit? I'm thinking about getting one to build this winter. What barrel should I use? (Getz,Rice, or Long Hammock)I'm thinking about the "Early York" model in 54 cal. Thanks Jeff :peace:

From what I hear, all three barrels are good...

The Jim Chambers flintlock kit uses the same quality parts as his finished rifles...

You could always ask Jim himself, Jim Chambers and his daughter Blackpowder Barbie are both members here... :)

I have a getz bbl on my "Mark Silver Va. rifle" built from a Chambers kit...no problems. L.C. Rice and Jim are both members of our BP club, and the more experienced builders among the members are very strong for the L.C. Rice bbl over all others...if I were to build a kit, I'd go for the Rice bbl just on the opinion of these guys...Hank

JCDFlint,
I have built the Chambers Edward Marshall kit for a friend at least five years ago. It was a pleasure to build. I encountered no problems at all in the building or the finishing. It had a Getz barrel because I believe no other was listed at the time. The owner has enjoyed it ever since. He took a wheelbarrow full of plunder at a shoot the next year with it. He loves it. I have also used several Chambers locks in various schools and have found them to be easy to work with and just about utterly reliable for ignition of the pan as long as the flint has any edge at all. I believe the Chambers kits have priority with Getz as for manufacturing barrels. Anyway, do get one, and enjoy the building and finishing and the the shooting. :: :redthumb:
God bless.
volatpluvia

You can not go wrong with a Chambers kit.

As far as the barrels are concerned
a. If it is swamped it will be Rice.
b. If time is of the essence make SURE you understand how long it will take to get the particular barrel you want.
c. If memory serves me correctly Rice and Getz ship maybe 4 bbls a day, Long Hammock probably ships a few more cuz they are strait sided and easier to make.

Jim's locks are the best you can buy.
Jim's wood comes from Dunlap's - Great honest people -
The fellow who does the pre-carve does quality work.
Jims accesories are PC and of good quality.
Jim's kits are what they are-- you get what you pay for --
You pay a little more , but it all works, it all fits, it's just worth the money. :m2c:

Leo

my york rifle from jim chambers has a .50cal swamped barrel from l,c, rice it took three months to get my barrel due to reamer problems ,he has since gotten this problem fixed and should deliver quicker'
jims kits are the best quality i have ever seen and a lot of
fun to build. l.c's barrels are great also he even laps the barrel before he ships them out so theres no "break in"needed my rifle shot 2" groupes at 50 yards on the first firing and i know i can get them closer.jim and l.c are both very helpful and a pleasure to talk to not to mention their warrantys .this has been my experience :m2c: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back