• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Got done Offing Some Coyotes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86marine

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So I decided after diner tonight to head to my buddies farm for some fun with the .36 Shenandoah flinter. Oh boy was it a blast got six in 3 1/2 hrs. My buddy got two additional ones. That .36 sure stopped them dead in their tracks even at 120 yds. My buddy would have had more if he wasn't messing around with pyrodex pellets in his flintlock. Dumby won't listen to me and stick with good old BP

WOW!8 northeast yotes in 3.5 hours?What were they in traps,lol?That's incredible...good show. :thumbsup:

I haven't been out calling near as much as I'd like to,not at all in last few weeks,but looking forward to dirt napping a few with the .45 this winter. :hatsoff:

Out at my buddies farm they are in extreme abundance tonight was the usual night. I started taking them out about 4 mths ago. when I first started you didn't need to call what so ever just wait for about two hrs after the sun went down and it became a shooting gallery. that lasted about a month and a half then settled out to where it is now some calling and waiting for them but not much. Up at my camp it is more scarce up near the NY border close to Canada. But those are Coywolves or whatever you want to call those muts.

The thing at his farm was they went un regulated for yrs while I was in the Corps but before I joined I had them pretty well dwindled down to where I was working to get them in, which was nice because it gave me a good challenge.

Here in the great Commonwealth of Pa Coyotes are fair game year round night and day even on Sundays. They aren't native so we want to eradicate not regulate. Damn insurance co. and the game commission brought them in to help with deer pop. now they are just out of hand and the game commission wants them gone. Same with Feral Hogs, but no night hunting for them. Tis a matter of time for that though.

How do you do your night hunting? I assume your using iron sights? How do you work it out so you can see?

We can hunt them year around here, but i'll have to check to see if I can hunt them at night.

You can hunt them at night on private property in CO with the permission of the landowner and on public property with the permission of the land manager (NFS or BLM for example).

I had some rancher friends in south park who hunted them at night all the time. They drove the ranch roads with spotlights.

Yeah, my nephew didn't think that using electronic calls was legal here until I showed him the regs.

A truck with KC Daylighters you just wait for a few to gather in the field then flip em on they freeze in place just long enough for you to shoot

I have some of those lights on my Jeep.

I'll wait until it warms up a bit. It's cold at night here.

We can hunt them year round and at night here in Vermont but no lights are allowed. :confused: A night with a full moon and snow on the ground is just like daylight.

:hmm: Hard to believe,120 yds at night under lights with a little 36cal.Oh' well anything is possible.Some fine shooting,congrats.Griz

I wasn't expecting it to hit either I just figured with it being the first time out with the rifle I would give it a crack. I was using 70 grns of 2f so I was on the hot side for this gun.

8 coyotes in 3 and a half hours, 70 grains of powder and making shots at 120 yards with a 36 caliber flintlock at night. Really? Chris

Back