• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler lock rebuilds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have built 5 kibler this year. 2 of the locks were just not as smooth as the other 3.
I sent the worst one back to Kibler and they misplaced it and after 6 weeks sent me a replacement.
I boxed it up with the other one and sent them to cabin creek.
All I can say is wow they do great work. light pull with no creep. I am very happy with them.
The lock on my October county .62 is hard on flints and will fail to spark occasionally. I shipped it off this morning.

Anyone having any problems with their lock should consider having them tune it. I am very happy I did

Attachments

• 448443286_26752822860998484_4384187791228169902_n.jpg
    448443286_26752822860998484_4384187791228169902_n.jpg
    458.1 KB
i have built 16 Kibler's with #17 on the way next week. i have seen only one lock with the slightest problem. it would not clamp the flint tight as the screw for the jaw needed another thread turned in, i did that with a square bottom tap and it was fine. other than that, they have all been perfect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i have built 16 Kibler's with #17 on the way next week. i have seen only one lock with the slightest problem. it would not clamp the flint tight as the screw for the jaw needed another thread turned in, i did that with a square bottom tap and it was fine. other than that, they have all been perfect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
All of mine functioned fine. 2 of them were 5 pounds the others 3. After shooting the 3 pounders the 5 pounds felt like 10

I have built 5 kibler this year. 2 of the locks were just not as smooth as the other 3.
I sent the worst one back to Kibler and they misplaced it and after 6 weeks sent me a replacement.
I boxed it up with the other one and sent them to cabin creek.
All I can say is wow they do great work. light pull with no creep. I am very happy with them.
The lock on my October county .62 is hard on flints and will fail to spark occasionally. I shipped it off this morning.

Anyone having any problems with their lock should consider having them tune it. I am very happy I did
I think most production locks can stand some tuning CNC produced or not !

We're sorry if we misplaced your lock. Just a reminder... We stand behind our products 100%. If you think something isn't right, send it back and we will make it right if there is something wrong.

As to tuning, I totally disagree. This is something that the average builder shouldn't monkey with. They will do more harm than good.

We're sorry if we misplaced your lock. Just a reminder... We stand behind our products 100%. If you think something isn't right, send it back and we will make it right if there is something wrong.

As to tuning, I totally disagree. This is something that the average builder shouldn't monkey with. They will do more harm than good.
No doubt great customer service
That is why you have sold me 5 guns this year.
You volunteered to tune lock for free, even yit was fully functional

Thanks for a great product

I think most production locks can stand some tuning CNC produced or not !

Most of the time a lock is not working right was not built well from the start, or … its just older and has depreciated with use. Kibler locks and other CNC made locks generally just need to be cared for, cleaned and lubricated.

Latest posts

Back